Principles & Practices Of Project Management
Management plays a vital role in an organization's development. It encompasses the fundamental elements of planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating and motivating. Application of the principles and practices of project management has proven to be the most effective way to implement change in organizations.
The Mona School of Business (MSB) is a Registered Education Provider of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and offers a certificate course in the Principles and Practices of Project Management. This is a 36-hour course that is offered as follows:
- Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:45 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (12 classes)
- Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (6 classes)
- Sundays from 2:00 p.m.- 5:15 p.m. (12 classes)
The course will introduce participants to the principles and practices of project management and the fundamental tools required to manage projects.
This is a 36-hour contact hour course, and qualified participants may earn 36 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
What you will learn
- The Principles and Practices of Project Management Framework
- Nine (9) Knowledge Areas, and five (5) Process Groups
- Types of Organizational Structures - their impact on managing projects
- Key Stakeholders - their impact on, as well as their roles in a typical project
Materials in the course are based on the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)- Fourth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2008.
No prior knowledge of Project Management is assumed or required for this course.
- Individuals who are working in a project management environment
- Individuals who are interested in acquiring project management skills
Benefits of this Course
- Free textbook - latest edition of the PMBOK® Guide
- An introduction to and use of Microsoft® Office Project
- Access to MSB’s Documentation Centre
- Gain the required number of 36 contact hours to sit the PMP® and CAPM® exams
- Lunch & Coffee Breaks included
- Adequate Parking facilities
At the end of this course, participants will be equipped to:
- Define projects, aligning the results of the project to the organization's goals and objectives
- Manage project resources to ensure project success
- Use basic Principles and Practices of Project Management tools
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project plan with assistance of project application software
- Use Project Execution Techniques to successfully complete projects
An innovative component of this course is the introduction and use of the Microsoft® Project software that gives practical exposure to some of the principles and theories learnt.
Participants are expected to have a laptop for use during the Microsoft® Office Project module.
This course uses the face-to-face approach with access to the MSB e-learning portal for course materials. Several practical exercises are used though out the course, multiple choice tests, and individual as well as group assignments. Participants will then prepare a project plan as a group assignment which is based on real world scenarios.
Evaluation & Certification
Course grades are based on a combination of individual class assignments, multiple choice tests, group assignments and a project plan.
At the end of the course, a Certificate of Achievement will be awarded only to participants who have been tested and have demonstrated competence in the subject matter and have also attended a minimum of 32/36 contact hours.
Participants must achieve a passing grade for both the individual and group assignments with an overall grade of 50%.
Participants who do not achieve the above criteria will be awarded only a Certificate of Participation.
All our course facilitators are experienced professionals and are holders of the Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Empower yourself with the skills to
Successfully plan, manage and execute projects......
Contact us at the Professional Services Unit:
Tel: (876) 977-6035, 977-7174, 977-2666-7
Fax: (876) 702-3939, 977-4622
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMBOK, PMP and CAPM are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Microsoft is a registered trademark of the Microsoft group of companies